BBQ Chicken Tutorial (FREEZER MEAL)

One of the EASIEST meals to prepare for the freezer. You can either bake the drumsticks as shown in this tutorial or pour it in crock-pot and cook for 4-5 hours. You can also use any flavor of marinade in place of the BBQ sauce. I've done Caribbean Jerk, Teriyaki, Garlic and Herb, Santa Fe Chile...you name it. All delicious, all this easy.

BBQ Chicken 

Ingredients

Chicken Drumsticks (two per person usually)
1 small bottle BBQ sauce
1 small onion, sliced

To prepare for freezer:

Label the Ziploc bag "BBQ Chicken." Place the raw drumsticks in the bag, placed sliced onion on top of the chicken, pour BBQ sauce over top, seal and freeze.

To reheat:

Step 1

Let chicken defrost overnight in the fridge. Pour the chicken and sauce into a baking dish. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.

Step 2


Pour the BBQ liquid from the pan into a sauce pan, whisk in 2 Tbs of cornstarch on high heat for 2 minutes, until thick.

Step 3


Pour thickened sauce over drumsticks, serve with choice of sides. (We typically do mac-n-cheese or mashed potatoes and a veggie).

Comments

Anonymous said…
wouldnt it be faster to cook before bagging? Then you only need to defrost and warm up.
I'm more interested in saving time while preparing the meals than I am in the reheating. On the weekends I do my freezer cooking, I have so much to do, that throwing in raw drumsticks and a bottle of BBQ sauce is quick and easy. I don't mind that it takes a little longer to cook. You could cook before you freeze though, but I would be afraid it would overcook during reheating and get chewy.
Unknown said…
What size is your small size of BBQ sauce? I'm not a very good cook, so I'm worried about not using enough. Thanks!
Gina said…
I'm going start doing prepared meal again myself this would save me so much preparation time when I did this in my 20's and marry I froze already cook meal and the favor wasn't there probably why I stop this way you doing its an assembly and prep only I need to do is cook my sides thaw cook my freeze meal in oven or stove top that day when we're ready to eat

Popular Posts