Cheesy Fried Chicken Breasts (FREEZER MEAL)

This freezer meal is great for families with kids. Takes 10 minutes to get them made and in the freezer! Sorry, I didn't take pictures when I made them on Freezer Cooking day. But the instructions are easy to follow.

Cheesy Fried Chicken Breasts

Ingredients

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (how ever many you want to freeze, we do one per person)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Melted butter or beaten egg (for dipping)
Saran Wrap

Directions

In a bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheddar cheese.

Take a raw breast, dip in the butter or egg mixture, then into the bread crumb/cheese mixture. Make sure the whole breast is coated with crumbs.




Lay the coated chicken breast on a piece of saran wrap and wrap it up tight. Place breaded, wrapped, chicken breast in a labeled Ziploc bag. Continue until all the breasts are done. (You may need to add more bread crumbs and cheese to the bowl if you have several breast to do.

To reheat



Unwrap desired number of bread chicken breasts and place on a baking sheet. Put baking sheet in the fridge and allow the breasts to thaw.

When completely thawed, bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until brown (internal temp should read 170 degrees).

(If you plan on baking them straight from the freezer (not thawed), up the baking time to 35-40 minutes).


Comments

Jennifer Watts said…
Awesome idea. I will be trying this one. Thanks
Annie said…
Those look fantastic!
Anonymous said…
yumm yumm
Anonymous said…
We are going to try this in the next day or two.
Can't wait.

Charity
Trysha H said…
I assembled 8 breasts this way a couple weeks ago. Today, I thawed two in the fridge today, and baked them tonight. OH. MY. GOSH! DELISH! I was actually thinking they were going to "fall apart" as they thawed and all the breading/cheese would just fall/slip/slide off and I'd have a puddle AROUND the chicken after baking, but NOPE. I guess the way they were wrapped tight initially must have fused everything together because these baked up BEAUTIFULLY and were so stinkin juicy and flavorful. THANK YOU for a great recipe! I will repeat these over and over. Fantastic.
lydia said…
can you make this without putting it in the freezer first?
Lydia- of course! Follow the recipe but instead of wrapping and freezing, just put on a cookie sheet and bake. :)
Donna said…
Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Jessica Daily said…
I only have Panko bread crumbs, will they be ok?
I tried making them with panko once and I noticed that didnt get as crispy on the outside as they did with bread crumbs. They were kinda soggy once cooked. :(
Melissa Leech said…
Mmm...had some chicken in the fridge and wasn't sure what to do with it. Saw this so I gave it a try and mmmmmm.... is all I can say :) Thanks for the great recipe :)
Unknown said…
just found this from Pinterest (I'm "laurke" on there) and am going to make this today, then freeze for later b/c this chicken has got to be cooked! Think it will work that way or be too dried out when reheated?
It probably would dry it out if you cook first then freeze, then reheat.
Anonymous said…
Wow, this looks awesome. With a little planning, you have good meals at your findertips. I use the salad in Mason Jars all the time. Prepare once and you are set for multiple meals with this chicken and salad. You even have time to spare for you latest book.

Shelly
Suzanne Cady said…
How would this work on the grill?!
Anonymous said…
Even my picky eater liked this. I cut each of my mutantly huge breasts into 3 smaller strips before breading. Each strip was a nice 3 - 4 ounce serving. --Teachingchef
Anonymous said…
I have made these before they were in a cookbook I have called "Don't Panic Dinner is in the Freezer" they are delicious
Anonymous said…
Try ritz. Crackers too

Popular Posts